Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Triplets Not Allowed

This post is not the least bit quilty. This post is major venting. My 5 year old grandchildren are triplets. They have attended an Episcopal Day School for three years. The school only has 1 kindergarten class which they would have attended next year. My daughter, a single Mom for the last 3 years, has to work, and therefore the children have to be in all day care. The church is inviting them NOT to return next year because there is only 1 Kindergarten class. Their philosophy is that multiples should not be together in a classroom. This year they separated them - 2 in one class, 1 in another, but never made an adamant statement about multiples. I am hurt, stunned, insulted, and I don't even know what else, that they have been demonized and rejected by these people. I know that the whole multiple issue is debated as far as separating or not in school settings. However, these children are not dependent on each other to function in a social setting. I can not sufficiently express my feelings about this - I feel that somehow this school has betrayed (maybe too strong a word) these little people.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

All God's children? Obviously not in this case!

One would think that those that serve the "Lord" would not be judgmental and prejudice to such innocent children!

They should be looked upon as a gift because of their uniqueness as triplets. On that note, I will leave you with this quote!

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Karen said...

I have never heard of such a thing!

Tolentreasures said...

How sad for them to miss the opportunity to enjoy these children. It is truly their loss.

Cathy

Kim said...

Seems like such an unkind position to take as well as negative public relations for the school. You would think that they would be eager to help their school families in any way they can. Go figure!

Orcsmom said...

The kids are the ones to suffer, but the adults, in this case, the school admin., will have to live with their guilt the rest of their lives, at least we hope. I am sorry for what you are going through, but remember, we are here to support you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Pam
AKA-Orcsmom

Darling Millie said...

That is so ridiculous, unfair and downright stupid.