Saturday, April 18, 2009

WE WON!!







Actually, my MIL, who lives with us, won this gas grill from Home Depot. She entered a drawing back in February, which she never thought about again. They called her last week to tell her she won - no strings attached. I sure never won anything - this is great! Now, how will hubby get it off the back of his pickup?
I started cutting out this quilt. It is a kit, Civil War Crossings by Barbara Brackman, made with fabric by the same name. I picked this up at my local quilt shop. I am a sucker for pink and brown quilts. The pattern is in "Quilters Newsletter", November 2008 magazine. I guess I really love this fabric, cause I also bought 1/2 yds of a lot of this line as well. (I can't figure out how to post pictures before and after my text, so my composition is not great, Sorry)

6 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love the colors for the quilt. Hmmm, I have a bedroom this would look perfect in!

congrats to your MIL, how nice!

Cathy

MARCIE said...

Great quilt! It will be yummy! What is your LQS? Nice grill too! Good luck lifting it.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The quilt fabric is fabulous!

I don't know what we'd do without our grill. We just love it!

Kim said...

The best of two worlds, delicious fabric and food off that grill once you get it off the truck!

Kim said...

Oh goodness! The sight of those pinks and browns took my breath away! Love them!!! And what a prize! Just in time for the season! Wooohoo!!!

Can't wait to see progress on the quilt! :o)

Erzebat said...

congrats! which home depot? I used to work at the one in western branch of chesapeake. beautiful quilt! (mauh) Liz